Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Advent Calendar for Windows Azure

While searching for a Advent Calendar for my girlfriend who resides in Austria for her studies, the idea of a cloud advent calendar came into my mind. Ten hours later http://adventcalendar.cloudapp.net was born: A scalable calendar using Windows Azure Blob Storage and Silverlight technologies.

This advent calendar is not only for my girlfriend but everyone can create his own one there. I admit usability and design suffered a little bit from the pressure of time (Dec 1st is tomorrow!") but it really works! Give it a try: Go to http://adventcalendar.cloudapp.net, click the “New Calendar” button and build your own windows azure cloud advent calendar.

Here is a screenshot:calendar

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Use the Management-Link to add images, music and text to the calendar and its items.
Give the Calendar-Link to those who should get the calendar.

I’ll post the code here, soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but i have to take the website offline for now ...

    ReplyDelete